Start Living Your Dream Today
Are you in a holding pattern? Almost everyone has a dream of a better life, but most people seem to be waiting for something to happen before they can begin. As you already know, that strategy really doesn't work. There's always something else to do or add, another shiny object to consider, or something more to prepare before everything will be just perfect. But 'perfection' is a concept.
You might be short on time or money, but there are still things you can do to get started. Let today be the day you start to make your dreams come true!
Here are a few useful action tips:
1. Forget about 'figuring out' what to do next. If you don't know what to do, meditate or daydream as you contemplate your ideal life. Let your intuition inform you. And then act as and when inspired. In the moment, that's they key. Take some immediate action as and when you feel inspiration.
2. Crystalize your dream life in your mind's eye. Have a crystal-clear objective of what you’re trying to achieve. It’s not enough to have a vague idea. A vague idea isn’t motivating enough to keep you going when faced with obstacles. It’s important to have a clear picture you can keep going back to when challenges arise.
3. Work backwards. It won’t be possible to take one step from where you are to the end. There will be many steps along the way. The important thing is to find something you can do today. Keep working back from the endpoint until you find something you can accomplish right now and get busy working on it.
4. Do a little each day. A little each day turns into a lot over time. Cutting a few calories each day can result in a lot of weight loss over a year. Adding a piece or two to the wood pile each day is a lot of wood after a year.◦ You can probably reach your dreams without spending eight hours each day on it. Just do something each day.
5. Deal with limiting beliefs. The primary reason you don’t already have everything you want is limiting beliefs. There are many forms of limiting beliefs:◦ It’s going to take too much time.◦ It’s too hard.◦ I don’t have enough money to get started.◦ People won’t approve.◦ I’m too tired.◦ I can start next year.◦ Any thought that prevents you from getting started is a limiting belief.
6. Ignore the people that get in your way. There’s always someone trying to get in your way. It might be a family member, friend, neighbor, or anonymous person online. You have to be strong enough to ignore those people and stick to your plan. You can have the last laugh.
7. Focus on the things you can control. There aren’t too many things you can actually control. However, it makes no sense to spend your time, energy, and focus worried about things outside of your control. Keep your attention where it can make a difference.
8. Celebrate victories. A long journey is easier with a few pleasant experiences along the way. Celebrate your progress regularly. It will be easier to reach the finish line.It’s never too late, or too early to begin living your dream. Each second that passes by is a second you’ll never get back. There’s not a good reason to wait any longer. The time to begin living your dream is right now.